Thursday 1 April 2010

My Meaning

I have said this before but the reason I took this shoot at home was so that it would link with the work I did around St. Ives and Port Isaac. I simply took images of buildings and doors, I never went into them. I have taken this one step further and tried to show that through photography you can change the way people look at things. Here my house doesn't look inviting at all. I have portrayed it as if it were a scene from a horror film. It seriously looks as if I live in a really depressing area. But I don't and my house looks nothing like nor does the atmosphere feel like a scene from a horror film!
Ooh, and the reason I have manipulated my images in this way was because I really admire the work of Daido Moriyama. He's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment